Saturday, March 5, 2011

baby steps

Well not much to report this week. I've done some deep cleaning and winter purging, get ready for spring. Our cheap metal bed frame did break over the last week, so we had to order a new bed frame and lucky for us west elm was having a furniture sale. So we ordered a chocolate wood bed frame.
This is what the frame will look like. I already have a headboard that I love. 

             
 Its a tufted cream cloth head board. Im hoping it will be able to adapt to the new one. We definitely wanted to eventually upgrade to a wood frame but it wasn't a priority. But you know how life goes and we had to make this purchase a little sooner. Im pretty excited to see the end result.


Another idea I came across  . . . . . .
My boyfriend suffers from chronic ankle pain so he often takes epsom salt baths. And he of course buys like the industrial size bag of salt so I thought this idea was a cute way to get rid of the bag and display it in a cute way. I went to crate and barrel and pick up a jar very similar to this. I also ordered a shower curtain from west elm which will arrive next week. 

Its looks like the one of the right but in the feather gray. 
So slowly but surely the bathroom is coming together. Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day for us we rented a zipcar and are planning on going to the White elephant sale. http://www.whiteelephantsale.org/home/ Its a huge rummage sale in Oakland about 96,000 sq feet of awesomeness. Im hoping to find some goodies. Maybe a coffee table or something to host a bar.
I'll make sure to update on what we find!

No comments:

Post a Comment